M12 is the corporate venture capital arm of Microsoft focused on early-stage investments enabling a cloud-first future, spanning big data & analytics, business SaaS, cloud infrastructure, AI & machine learning, productivity, and security. We are honored to have backed teams at over 80 great companies since launching the fund in 2016. We are headquartered in San Francisco with presence in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Tel Aviv, and London.
We’re looking to hire an Associate to join our investment team in San Francisco. This is an ideal position for someone with 2+ years of experience in management consulting or investment banking. The role is term-limited and anticipated not to exceed two years. We place a premium on diversity of ideas and are excited to add new perspectives to our team.
- Develop and manage overall portfolio performance metrics and analytics
- Work with deal leads to compile and aggregate quarterly review data for portfolio companies for accounting and audit reviews
- Direct support to partners across a broad range of initiatives / deliverables
- Assist in the investment process from initial meeting to due diligence
- Research and develop intelligence on emerging trends and disruptive companies
- Create thesis-driven market map analyses identifying incumbents, differentiations and emerging leaders
- Prepare written materials, including due diligence summaries, investment memoranda and portfolio reporting
- Build financial models for business cases to support investment decisions
- Coordinate internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM, research databases
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management, Finance or Economics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in relevant field, such as investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, or corporate strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Foundational analytical and data synthesizing capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint
- Curiosity and interest in enterprise technology and entrepreneurship
- Ability to work independently and collaborate successfully in a lean team environment with limited formal training and supervision
- Superior work ethic, self-driven with attention to detail and follow-through
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
If interested, please apply here.