We’re seeking an all-star full-time Associate to join our US investment team.
World Innovation Lab (WiL) connects entrepreneurs with corporate resources to build global businesses. We are a multi-stage venture capital firm that invests in consumer and enterprise technology companies. With our deep network of global corporate partners, we are committed to providing startups with unparalleled investment and partnership opportunities. Our foundational partner platform includes the Japanese government investment arm and over 20 Japan leading corporations such as Sony, Nissan, Mizuho Bank, Daiwa Securities, NTT, KDDI, and All Nippon Airways.
Our US investment team seeks to partner with category-defining companies looking to accelerate their growth globally. Notable areas of investment include Industry 4.0 – automation, artificial intelligence/ machine learning, cybersecurity (Automation Anywhere, Digital Shadows), SaaS (BirdEye, Doctor on Demand), Financial Services (PeerStreet, TransferWise), Developer Tools & Platforms (Auth0), and Transportation & Logistics (ClearMotion).
As an Associate, you will be key in driving all aspects of our investment process, from deal sourcing, due diligence, deal closing, supporting portfolio companies ongoing, and representing our firm in our Limited Partners and the broader entrepreneurship ecosystem.
We run a lean and collaborative team, so you will be supporting our investment partners in these processes with a special focus on quantitative modeling & analysis, along with driving your own deals, in potentially new focus areas you are passionate about.
You will also be able to contribute to our fundraising effort, along with supporting our LPs’ new business development initiatives via partnerships with current and prospective portfolio companies.
Ideal Candidate Background
- 2-3 years of quantitative analytical experience in financial services (e.g. investment banks, private equity) or consulting
- Prior experience or strong passion in tech
- Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, presentation, and communication skills
- Work well with others in a culturally-diverse and collaborative team environment
- Humble, positive attitude, self-starter, sense of humor, and high emotional intelligence
- Strong existing network in startup ecosystem
- Experience working in high growth startup companies
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- MBA degree at top institution
- Proficiency in Japanese
Location: Position is based in Palo Alto, CA
To Apply: Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.