The Healthcare Division of WFSC pursues venture capital and private equity investments across all sectors of the healthcare industry including healthcare services, HCIT/digital health, medical technology/products, and biopharma. The Associate is responsible for providing support to the team in all aspects of potential and active investments where key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Due diligence for potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology / industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, participating in management meetings, financial modeling and valuation, and reference calls.
- Drafting and presenting investment memos and additional written materials including portfolio reviews and operational updates.
- Assisting with monitoring portfolio companies, internal reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases including deal flow, deal KPIs, and portfolio operating metrics.
2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, credit, relationship management, portfolio management, equity or venture capital investing experience; or successful completion of Wholesale Credit Management Training Program
- 2+ years work experience in one or a combination of: venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- Familiarity with evaluating and executing transactions related to private equity, venture capital, or credit related products
- Passion for, knowledge of, and experience with life sciences (e.g., medical devices, biopharma) preferred. Understanding of other sectors of the healthcare industry (e.g., healthcare services, digital health) a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong integrity, work ethic, and a team player
- Strong skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyze financial statements, create financial models, private capital valuation methodologies)
- Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA, MD, PhD) preferred
- Ability to work independently or in teams and thrive in a fast paced, loosely-structured, entrepreneurial environment
Location: SF Bay Area
How to Apply:
- Visit the Wells Fargo Careers Site: wellsfargo.com/careers
- Click Search Jobs and Search Jobs Now
- Within the Job Opening ID field enter 5474012 and click Search