Walden Catalyst is a venture capital firm helping early-stage companies in the U.S., Europe, and Israel build the next generation of category-defining businesses in deep tech. We back the bold and the daring—trailblazers who are changing the world and making life better for all of us. The firm is led by Young Sohn and Lip-Bu Tan, deep-tech industry pioneers who between them have invested in more than 560 startups across the globe, of which 115 have gone on to IPO.
We have announced our $550M inaugural fund focused on early stage deep-tech investments and we are a team of innovators and entrepreneurs who are passionate about disruption and committed to excellence. For startups, this translates into unparalleled access to operational expertise, global reach, and a network of industry captains eager to help build and scale the companies of the future.
Today, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team as Associates to help us meet the best US entrepreneurs and invest in their game-changing ideas. The position will be based out of our San Francisco office.
As an Associate, you will be part of Walden Catalyst’s global investment team and ensure the successful execution of due diligence processes across US. You will meet many inspiring entrepreneurs and start-ups, build knowledge on numerous markets and shape your own convictions. Through your detailed analysis of technologies, business plans, markets and competitive landscapes, you will empower our senior leadership and help us make fast and right investment decisions. We expect you to be an active contributor at every step of a deal journey, from sourcing to closing.
What you will do
- Source the next US tech success stories by actively engaging with the innovation ecosystem (VCs, incubators, conferences, etc.)
- Conduct due diligence on new investment opportunities: technology and product assessment, evaluation of competitive landscape, financial modeling, preparation of investment recommendations
- Perform market research to identify macro trends and develop new investment theses
- Support senior investment team members in the management of portfolio companies
- Contribute to the funds’ operational activities (internal reporting, communication, event organization)
- Strong academic record/degree from a top-tier university
- A first experience in VC/strategy consulting/top start-up is required
- A genuine interest for technology, innovation and start-ups
- Strong analytical skills, reliable, hard-working and autonomous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with capacity and experience to translate research findings into investment recommendations
- Display a professional attitude and the highest levels of ethics, integrity and confidentiality in business dealings
- Fluency in English is a must
- An established network in the tech US ecosystem is a plus
If interested, please apply here.