Vertex Ventures HC is part of a global venture fund network under Vertex Venture Holdings, a fund anchored by Temasek Holdings, with offices in Silicon Valley and Singapore. Vertex Ventures HC invests globally in various sectors of the healthcare industry, including biopharmaceuticals, medical devices and digital health with ~$400M under management.
We are looking for an Associate/Senior Associate to join our growing team in the Bay Area. You will be part of a collaborative and international team and have a broad range of exposure to early-stage science, clinical development, business operations, venture investing and portfolio management.
As an integral part of the team, an Associate will:
- Screen business plans and conduct primary industry diligence, including review of scientific literature, clinical, IP and financial data
- Conduct interviews with physicians, clinicians, consultants and investors
- Develop market landscape assessments and generate new investment theses
- Attend company presentation meetings; Attend industry/scientific conferences to stay up to date on emerging data
- Build financial models and cap tables to guide investment decisions
- Prepare and develop investment thesis and presentation materials to the Investment Committee
- Monitor and manage the performance of portfolio companies post investment
- Maintain up to date information to manage deal flow, portfolio companies and industry statistics
- Support internal company activities i.e., annual meetings, fundraising and internal operations
We invite candidates with these qualifications to apply:
- MD or PhD from a top-tier university and strong scientific/clinical acumen
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in operating role in industry, finance, PE/VC, business development or consulting with a life science industry focus
- Those with equity research experience from investment banking are welcome
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends and players
- Strong network in the life sciences community
- Passion and curiosity for medical innovation and entrepreneurship
- Genuine, humble, self-starter with good EQ
Interested applicants please apply with updated full resume. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If interested, please apply here.