ValueStream is a thesis-led investment firm, specializing in post-seed and Series A investments. VSV invests in B2B technology companies led by teams that understand how to generate and leverage proprietary data into scalable platforms. VSV combines deep expertise in data assets with capital and business development support to bring a differentiated approach to how data can be leveraged to create substantial value. VSV has offices in New York and San
Francisco and invests across North America.
ValueStream Ventures is hiring for an associate on our Investments Team. The Investment Associate is expected to play an important role in diligencing, closing, and managing investments by VSV. The Associate will work directly with General Partners of the firm and collaborate with team members across the Investment, Platform and Operations teams.
- Partner with the Business Development team members to identify high-potential investment opportunities that match fund thesis and
- Diligence new investment opportunities through a combination of in person interviews, meetings with subject matter experts, secondary research, and financial modeling
- Develop investment memos for the firm’s Investment Committee
- Execute new and follow-on financings, including deal structuring
- Work with the Platform team to assist portfolio companies across a variety of functions including finance, accounting, business development, talent, and corporate development
- Help VSV expand its partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs)
- Assisting with internal fund operations, financial planning, and analysis
- Partner with the Operations team to ensure proper collection of necessary data from portfolio companies
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for technology and early stage investing
- Strong academic track record, ideally with a science, technology, or engineering degree
- Self-starter with strong analytic backbone and comfortable working with minimal oversight
- A high degree of energy, enthusiasm, perseverance and humility
- At least 1-4 years of work experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, Venture Capital, or within Product, Operations, or Business Development at a high growth tech company
Start Date: Variable
Location: New York or San Francisco
How to apply: We are seeking introductions via referral. Interested candidates should send a forwardable intro request along with their resume and linkedin profile to a mutual connection of ValueStream Ventures.