The University of Virginia Investment Management Company (UVIMCO) provides investment management services to the University of Virginia and affiliated entities and is responsible for monitoring and evaluating investment strategies for a $9.6 billion investment portfolio. Our portfolio is invested globally across a broad range of asset classes and strategies including public equity, hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, real estate, resources, credit, fixed income, and derivatives. The Investment Associate position is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic organization that utilizes world-class investment strategies to further the mission of one of the most prestigious public institutions of higher education in the country.
UVIMCO employs approximately 37 professionals in Charlottesville, Virginia and one managing director in Oakland, California. This position represents an opportunity to significantly expand UVIMCO’s presence in the Bay Area while working directly with team members in both California and Virginia.
The Investment Associate position is an opportunity to work directly with senior management in a small, flat, investment organization. Responsibilities include:
- Work as an integral member of the investment team to research global investment themes and conduct external manager due diligence across asset classes;
- Prepare and present investment recommendations alongside senior staff;
- Source, evaluate, and track new opportunities with external investment managers;
- Analyze and monitor existing portfolio holdings and track versus expectations;
- Assess current opportunities and risks of various investment strategies across public and private markets;
- Train and mentor junior staff members;
- Develop market commentaries and presentation materials for various constituents;
- Complete special projects as directed by senior management.
Position Requirements Include
- Undergraduate degree (degree in finance, economics, math, data / quantitative analysis, or engineering disciplines preferred) and excellent academic credentials;
- 1-4 years of professional, related investment work experience;
- CFA certification or working towards a CFA certification a plus;
- Affinity for the endowment style of investing and/or the University of Virginia is a plus.
If interested, please apply here.