Unusual Ventures is a venture capital firm that is raising the bar on what an early-stage investor can provide. We built Unusual Ventures with innovation at the core of our engagement model. We believe our diverse team, investors and fresh approach all have a unique impact on the outcomes of our fund. We went back to first principles to create a firm that would not only invest in and assist the best companies, but also provide a platform that enables entrepreneurs to reach their ultimate potential as leaders and people. About the Role Unusual Ventures is looking for a Research Associate to join our Enterprise Investment Team. We are looking for someone who wants to research emerging technology trends, open source projects and academic work. This is a great opportunity to have a major impact at the premier early stage investment firm.
- Lead comprehensive, data-driven due diligence on open source projects, emerging technologies, and academic work
- Develop detailed market research, distilling high volumes of data into concise, sophisticated points of view for partners through founders
- Build conviction to champion your researched points of view to inform investment decisions, while adapting to ever changing information
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years’ professional experience, ideally in Software Engineering or Product Management (or both)
- Experienced with technical research in an academic or commercial setting
- Deep intellectual curiosity to discover emerging trends & new products and proven ability to learn new companies, domains & technologies quickly
If interested, please apply here.