Founded in 2017, Toyota Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups around the world in frontier and climate technologies. We are on a mission to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. With more than $500M under management, we’ve invested in over 40 companies, including Bipi, Blackmore, Carbice, Intuition Robotics, Joby Aviation, May Mobility, Revel, SLAMcore, and Ziva Dynamics.
Are you good at spotting and understanding industry trends? Our team is growing, and we are looking for an investment associate with at least three to five years of VC experience to join our recently announced Climate Fund.
Along with a degree in a relevant field, you’ll need a strong understanding of climate technologies and excellent research and communication skills. The ideal candidate is a natural networker who is already plugged into the startup ecosystem and is familiar with leading entrepreneurs and investors, and has experience creating cap tables and preparing investment memos. We also value diversity and believe in keeping it weird.
If you’re passionate about finding and funding innovative companies and are looking to make an impact, we encourage you to apply today!
• Network and take part in industry and VC events, organizations
• Analyze the latest industry trends
• Source and screen potential target companies
• Prepare investment memos, and participate in due diligence and market analysis
• 3-5+ years of previous experience in VC
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
• Entrepreneurial and well-networked
• Analytical proficiency in Google Docs or Excel
• Passionate about climate technology space
• Strong communications and research skills
• Great teammate
If interested, please apply here.