We are seeking Investments Associates in our high growth Venture Capital practice we refer to as TI Platform.vc. We currently are in stealth mode though we will become more public soon. The Associates will work closely with the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers to assist with due diligence of potential private market investment opportunities, financial modeling, portfolio monitoring and evaluation.
The candidate will have an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of both direct investment and fund of funds venture capital asset classes. He or she will have the opportunity to access our extensive network of and relationships with various market participants. We are both VC and FoF with direct and indirect investments in 1,000+ companies.
- Conduct due diligence on funds, primary, and co-investment (syndicate) limited partnership investment opportunities across an array of VC fund types, companies, geographies and strategies
- Assist in performing analysis on data related to managers’ track records and client portfolios
- Assist in writing investment memos and due diligence and audit
- Assist in creating forward calendars
- Assist team in preparing a variety of documents and presentations including investor updates, memos, proposals, and presentations in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Perform in-depth industry research/ Help build out financial modeling
- Help manage our investment pipeline process
- Review VC fund offering materials, quarterly reports and accounting records for various data points
- Support the GPs in all aspects of fundraising, strategy, marketing, legal and portfolio construction
- Support marketing efforts by organizing events and assisting in producing marketing materials
- Assist the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers with projects and initiatives
- The candidate will have an opportunity to work with some amazing Y Combinator partners and the earliest engineers of Google.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous operating experience in high growth startups is required
- 2-3 years of working experience in a high growth start-up or consultant or investment banking is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering degree and Management Science preferred
- Demonstrates high integrity and strong work ethic
- Passion for coding and applying algorithms to the Venture Capital asset class
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
- Experience with cash-flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to communicate and provide direction to our investors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a team player
- Ability to work weekends when necessary
If interested, please apply here.