SVB Capital is the venture capital investment arm of global financial services firm SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ SIVB). The SVB Capital family of funds has $3B under management and includes funds of funds and direct investment funds invested on behalf of institutional investors.
SVB Capital’s fund of funds invests in venture capital funds focusing on the information technology and life sciences industries. SVB Capital’s direct funds invest in early stage companies in the information technology industry. SVB Financial Group’s relationships with hundreds of venture capital firms and thousands of venture-backed companies provide SVB Capital with unparalleled data and information on venture capital firms and their portfolio companies as well as privileged access to leading venture capital firms.
Associates are involved in all aspects of the investment process including sourcing, due diligence and monitoring investments. The position also provides an opportunity to interact with other SVB businesses and participate in the fundraising process.
As an associate on the SVB Capital investment team, you will be involved in all quantitative aspects of venture capital fund of funds. The responsibilities center on analysis and projections of portfolio funds, including their underlying portfolio companies, benchmarking portfolio funds, preparing comprehensive overviews of venture capital firms and their portfolios, maintaining portfolio models, drafting investment memoranda and quarterly letters to investors, and supporting fundraising activities. This position offers the opportunity to apply advanced analytical skills to the venture capital industry and gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
- 2-4+ years of experience in investment management, investment banking, venture capital/private equity, or other relevant fields.
- Graduate of a top college/university
- Preferred majors are Finance, Economics, Business, or other quantitative majors
- Strong quantitative skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, and attention to detail
If interested, please apply here.