Our team is growing rapidly and we are seeking to bring aboard an Associate to support our Coverage Partners and help scale Silicon Foundry. Associates will be involved across all areas of our business, including researching key trends and assessing new markets, proactively sourcing and qualifying startups, creating landscape reports and market maps, organizing private events, and supporting our general operations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and venture capital, building authentic and lasting relationships, connecting the dots between startups and corporates, and who can operate in an environment with significant flexibility, freedom, and responsibility.
This role targets a start date in Q2 2019.
- Unique platform for someone seeking career experience that spans venture capital, corporate development, business development, innovation, and strategic advisory
- Access to and relationship building with C-level executives from forward thinking global corporates, top startup founders, and their venture investors
- Daily insight and exposure to a wide variety of sectors, including automotive, beauty, financial services, retail, industrial, etc.
- Experience meaningfully contributing to the vision of a rapidly growing team and company
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility in managing personal time and schedule
- Travel as appropriate, both domestically and internationally
- Competitive compensation, perks, and equity upside
Role & Responsibilities
Direct support to our Coverage Partners and CEO across a broad range of initiatives for Member corporates, including:
- Identifying startups with the most compelling teams, technology, business models, and traction; creating target lists, determining relevant recommendations, and making direct connections between startups and Members
- Developing sector maps and points of view on industry trends, tracking top VC portfolios, regularly summarizing insights, and compiling/distributing intelligence reports
- Orchestrating private events, crafting agendas, and coordinating end-to-end experiences for visiting senior executives
- Managing internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM system, research databases, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- 2 – 3+ years of proven performance in investment banking, venture capital, management consulting, corporate/business development, or relevant startup experience. Client-facing experience preferred
- Fundamental passion for and broad knowledge of the technology industry with exceptional intellect, drive, integrity, ownership, and attention to detail
- Ability to think critically, develop trust, and operate autonomously on a fast-paced team
- Born to network; astute at building relationships and connecting the dots between players
- Exceedingly positive attitude, humility, and willingness to roll up sleeves in a startup environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong cultural fit tantamount; we are a tight-knit, cross-functional team that avoids politics, moves quickly, and creatively leverages limited resources
About the company
Silicon Foundry is a membership-based corporate innovation advisory platform. Through a curated flow of targeted insights, deal sourcing, senior personal introductions, and private events, Silicon Foundry connects select corporations with top startups and investors to unlock actionable business opportunities, ranging from strategic customer relationships and partnerships to investments, spin outs, and acquisitions. Silicon Foundry’s member base includes a diverse spectrum of corporations from across the globe, including Barrick, British Petroleum, Deutsche Telekom, Estee Lauder, EY, Ford Motor Company, Majid Al Futtaim, MEDC, Royal Bank of Scotland, Salesforce, and more.
If interested, please apply here.