Silicon Foundry (SiF) is a membership-based advisory platform that works with leading global corporations to unlock strategic partnership, development and investment opportunities; some of the world’s top executives rely on us for unbiased advice and actionable solutions. We are laser focused on sourcing and developing impactful opportunities tailored to our Members’ specific priorities and goals. By leveraging our team’s unique access and deep networks (not databases), we deliver contextual intelligence and strategic connectivity that drives real outcomes – partnerships, JVs, direct investments, M&A, co-creation and fund LP positions.
Our Members include a diverse set of the world’s leading corporations across a wide range of industries – from entertainment to retail, telecom to transportation, oil and gas to mining, chemicals to cosmetics, economic development organizations and beyond. Representative Members include British Petroleum, Delta Air Lines, Deutsche Telekom, Estée Lauder, Ford Motor Company, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Royal Bank of Scotland, Southwest Airlines and UPS Ventures.
SiF GUIDING PRINCIPLES
We’re fiercely protective of our culture; it is our unreplicable competitive advantage. The ideas and attributes below guide how we operate day to day as well as how we design and build our team.
Impact Everything we do is optimized for action and driving high-impact outcomes. You strive to have impact through the work you do and consistently challenge yourself, colleagues and our Members to ‘level up’.
Dimensionality You have the ability to move gracefully between diverse sets of stakeholders in order to navigate and translate the complex dynamics and information asymmetry that exists between corporates, startups and other players across the ecosystem.
Context Our currency comes from our ability to identify and translate nuance that others don’t see and connect dots others never would. You have the unique ability to see signals, read between lines and synthesize and prioritize information to create context that unlocks opportunity.
Integrity The most important thing we do is earn our Members’ trust and respect; that sometimes requires telling hard truths. You operate with confidence, humility, instinctive discretion and integrity.
Curiosity We believe curiosity drives people to think more creatively and ask the provocative questions needed to drive novel possibilities. You are passionately curious and insatiably seek new information and experiences, which likely means you listen more than you speak.
Service DNA You love solving complex challenges and instinctively “do in service of” because helping others and catalyzing meaningful outcomes brings you joy.
Diversity of Thought We find uniformity limiting and believe the most valuable team is a collection of unusual suspects with complementary expertise and experiences, who can constructively challenge one another’s world views and present new ideas and perspectives.
Excellence We believe excellence and credibility go hand in hand. You are accountable, take pride in doing quality work and are consistently pushing the bounds of what “impact” looks like.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Associate to join the team and help scale the company. Associates will be involved across all areas of our business, including researching key trends and assessing new markets, proactively sourcing and qualifying startups, creating landscape reports and market maps, organizing private events, and supporting our general operations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and venture capital, building authentic and lasting relationships, connecting the dots between startups and corporates, and who can operate in a startup environment with significant flexibility, freedom, and responsibility.
You might be a good fit if you have 2 – 5 years of professional experience and can say yes to the following:
- Are you passionate about innovation and technology? We’re not a traditional corporate services provider that specializes in banking, law, or business model consulting. We operate specifically within the venture capital and startup world, and we wake up every morning excited to learn about the latest world-changing trends, people, and technologies.
- Do you love learning? We’re looking for a critical thinker with a great eye for detail. We don’t divide ourselves by sectors, but we’re innately curious and find joy in cultivating new knowledge across the board, whether it’s in semiconductors, beauty & cosmetics, or even gold mining!
- Do you have a “heart of service?” We are first and foremost a service-oriented team, and we’re driven by creating meaningful impact for our clients. We don’t mind playing behind-the-scenes and not taking credit for the glory, and we’re willing to roll up our sleeves to facilitate our members’ objectives, in whatever form they take (e.g., partnerships, direct investment, M&A).
- Are you able and happy to wear “multiple hats?” We are a small, lean team working on building an incredible platform to advise our members and add value to our networks. No day is the same, and no task is beneath us. From managing our internal operations (e.g., weekly roundup meetings, CRM systems) to setting up venues for private events to presenting your thoughts to a corporate C-Suite, there will be no typical day in the Associate role.
What would you do?
- Identify startups with the most compelling teams, technology, business models, and traction; create target lists, determine relevant recommendations, and make direct connections between startups and Members
- Develop sector maps and points of view on industry trends, track top VC portfolios, regularly summarize insights, and compile/distribute intelligence reports
- Orchestrate private events, craft agendas, and coordinate end-to-end experiences for visiting senior executives
- Manage internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM system, research databases, etc.
Why should you be interested?
- Unique platform for someone seeking career experience that spans venture capital, corporate development, business development, innovation, and strategic advisory
- Access to and relationship building with C-level executives from forward thinking global corporates, top startup founders, and their venture investors
- Daily insight and exposure to a wide variety of sectors, including automotive, beauty, financial services, retail, industrial, etc.
- Experience meaningfully contributing to the vision of a rapidly growing team and company
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility in managing personal time and schedule
- Competitive compensation, perks, and equity upside
This role targets a start date in Q3 2020.
At this time, we are unfortunately unable to consider candidates who require visa sponsorship.
IF interested, please apply here.