They evolve at a breakneck pace, driven by structural change, regulatory reform, and rapidly emerging new technologies and business models around the world. Modern executives must navigate these changes quickly and efficiently to keep their companies at the forefront of their respective fields.
Silicon Foundry guides corporate executives through the noise with corporate venturing and innovation advisory services. We have earned the trust of our members – more than 20 diverse industry-leading private and public sector entities, including Estée Lauder, UPS, Southwest Airlines, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Standard Chartered Bank, EY, and Deutsche Telekom, who rely on us for unbiased advice and support on some of the most complex problems facing their businesses.
Our currency is our deep connectivity and experience across global venture and technology ecosystems. It powers everything we do, and it enables our teams to turn insights into actionable foresight that results in direct investments, partnerships, alliances, M&A transactions and co-creation opportunities.
In short, Silicon Foundry empowers our clients to stay at the forefront of a changing world.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Associate to join the team and help scale the company. Associates will be involved across all areas of our business, including researching key trends and assessing new markets, proactively sourcing and qualifying startups, creating landscape reports and market maps, organizing private events, and supporting our general operations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and venture capital, building authentic and lasting relationships, connecting the dots between startups and corporates, and who can operate in a startup environment with significant flexibility, freedom, and responsibility.
You might be a good fit if you have 2 – 5 years of professional experience and can say yes to the following:
- Are you passionate about innovation and technology? We’re not a traditional corporate services provider that specializes in banking, law, or business model consulting. We operate specifically within the venture capital and startup world, and we wake up every morning excited to learn about the latest world-changing trends, people, and technologies.
- Do you love learning? We’re looking for a critical thinker with a great eye for detail. We don’t divide ourselves by sectors, but we’re innately curious and find joy in cultivating new knowledge across the board, whether it’s in semiconductors, beauty & cosmetics, or even gold mining!
- Do you have a “heart of service?” We are first and foremost a service-oriented team, and we’re driven by creating meaningful impact for our clients. We don’t mind playing behind-the-scenes and not taking credit for the glory, and we’re willing to roll up our sleeves to facilitate our members’ objectives, in whatever form they take (e.g., partnerships, direct investment, M&A).
- Are you able and happy to wear “multiple hats?” We are a small, lean team working on building an incredible platform to advise our members and add value to our networks. No day is the same, and no task is beneath us. From managing our internal operations (e.g., weekly roundup meetings, CRM systems) to setting up venues for private events to presenting your thoughts to a corporate C-Suite, there will be no typical day in the Associate role.
What would you do?
- Identifying startups with the most compelling teams, technology, business models, and traction; creating target lists, determining relevant recommendations, and making direct connections between startups and Members
- Developing sector maps and points of view on industry trends, tracking top VC portfolios, regularly summarizing insights, and compiling/distributing intelligence reports
- Orchestrating private events, crafting agendas, and coordinating end-to-end experiences for visiting senior executives
- Managing internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM system, research databases, etc.
Why should you be interested?
- Unique platform for someone seeking career experience that spans venture capital, corporate development, business development, innovation, and strategic advisory
- Access to and relationship building with C-level executives from forward thinking global corporates, top startup founders, and their venture investors
- Daily insight and exposure to a wide variety of sectors, including automotive, beauty, financial services, retail, industrial, etc.
- Experience meaningfully contributing to the vision of a rapidly growing team and company
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility in managing personal time and schedule
- Competitive compensation, perks, and equity upside
This role targets a start date in Q1 2020 and is not a venture capital direct investment position.
At this time, we are unfortunately unable to consider candidates who require visa sponsorship.
About the company
Silicon Foundry is a membership-based corporate innovation advisory platform. Through a curated flow of targeted insights, deal sourcing, senior personal introductions, and private events, Silicon Foundry connects select corporations with top startups and investors to unlock actionable business opportunities, ranging from strategic customer relationships and partnerships to investments, spin outs, and acquisitions. Silicon Foundry’s member base includes a diverse spectrum of corporations from across the globe, including Barrick Gold, British Petroleum, Deutsche Telekom, Delta Airlines, Estee Lauder, EY, Ford Motor Company, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Royal Bank of Scotland, and more.
If interested, please apply here.