Scrum Ventures is an early stage venture firm based in San Francisco. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Through our Scrum Studios platform, we connect global corporations with startups to partner in innovation.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Investment Team.
As an Associate you will be a key member of Scrum’s investment team and will be expected to source potential investments, screen companies, perform due diligence, support portfolio companies, develop thesis reports on markets of interest, and be involved in marketing and brand building projects. The role will have a high degree of both autonomy and responsibility.
- Identify high potential investment opportunities through various channels.
- Screen initial investments to determine if resources should be allocated
- Conduct diligence to analyze operational, technical, and financial aspects of companies
- Support portfolio companies with strategy and various projects
- Build strong relationships within the technology community with aim to support Scrum portfolio companies
- Take comprehensive notes on companies under review and meetings
- Attend events, conferences, networking functions to stay up to date on industry trends and build network
- Help plan and execute on marketing initiatives to build Scrum brand
- 1-3 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- 3-5 years total work experience
- Outstanding academic track record, pre and post MBA candidates will be considered
- Operational experience at a startup particularly relevant although not a requirement
- Strong and demonstrated interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong interpersonal and quantitative skills
- High attention to detail
- Preference for working in a team environment and ability to self start
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- PowerPoint and Excel capabilities