Salesforce Ventures (SFVC) is looking to hire an associate to join their investment team in San Francisco. Salesforce Ventures is one of the most active corporate venture capital firms with a portfolio of 200+ companies globally. The SFVC team looks to make investments in enterprise software companies that can help grow the Salesforce ecosystem – the primary responsibilities of the team include (i) identifying growth opportunities within new markets and new technology segments (ii) evaluating investments that leverage these opportunities (iii) managing investments from deal sourcing through to execution and post investment including portfolio management, and (iv) supporting companies with operational advice and resources.
- Help lead all aspects of deal execution including fundamental analysis on company’s operating performance, market diligence and competitive analysis, investment committee materials preparation, etc.
- Assist senior investing team in various aspects of the deal sourcing process.
- Actively work and build relationships with portfolio companies post investment through exposing them to the SFVC network, and helping advise on various strategic initiatives including preparation for an upcoming financing round, acquisition, etc.
- Monitor, research, and develop intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the enterprise software ecosystem.
- Build and develop your network via relationships with venture capitalists, investment bankers, and entrepreneurs for potential investment opportunities.
- Build presentations on performance of Salesforce Ventures and our portfolio for various Salesforce senior stakeholders and the Board of Directors.
It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Intellectual curiosity and true passion for technology impacting enterprises is critical for success in this role.
Professional Experience / Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution.
- 1-3 year’s experience, including substantive experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or venture capital firm.
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking skills.
- An understanding of and demonstrated interest in enterprise software and emerging consumer and business technology trends.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact the Salesforce.com Recruiting Department .
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If interested, please apply here.