Runa Capital (www.runacap.com) is an early and growth stage Venture Capital firm with $350M+ assets under management and operations in both the US and Europe. We typically invest at the Series A stage and focus on regulated industries (fintech, education, and healthcare), B2B SaaS companies, and deeptech (cloud infrastructure, machine learning, etc.).
We are seeking a super motivated and resourceful individual to join the investment team as an Analyst or Associate. Primary responsibilities include sourcing investment opportunities and engaging with our portfolio companies. This includes defining and researching investment themes, identifying and reaching out to top investment prospects, and conducting due diligence in order to help Runa back exceptional companies. You will also have the opportunity to organize events with VCs and portfolio companies and attend networking events in order to help maximize the reach of our network and grow the Runa brand.
- A track record that demonstrates exceptional persistence, resourcefulness, and leadership in previous endeavors
- Extremely strong communication and relationship-building skills; your desire to reach out and start conversations with entrepreneurs is critical
- Proven writing/content production skills
- An outstanding academic track record
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to self-motivate and direct your own work
- Demonstrated passion for technology and innovation; successful candidates are well-read and deeply curious
- Connections in the software/tech ecosystem
To apply, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Instead of a cover letter, please answer any 3 of the 4 questions below (150 word maximum for each):
- Which 1-2 achievements of yours make you the most proud?
- If you were seeking to speak with the founders of interesting startups, which 3 people would you call first? Tell us about how you got to know them.
- What is one startup we may not know about but should consider investing in? Pretend you’re speaking with a skeptical investor and sell them on this opportunity.
- What is one startup that many people think is impressive, but makes you skeptical? Why?
If interested, please apply here.