Ripple Ventures is the pre-eminent early-stage venture fund focused on market-shifting software tools and platforms. We support extraordinary founders across the pre-seed to seed+ stages and aim to be their first institutional investor.
The fund was founded to support entrepreneurs through the hardest part of company building at the earliest stages. We provide founders with more than just capital to succeed with our operators-first approach. Our team works with companies every day, not just every quarter at the board meetings. Everything from go-to-market, to hiring, to fundraising and beyond. We aim to be our founders’ first call for when sh*t hits the fan!
Application link: https://ripple-ventures.typeform.com/to/MnjtTBZ8
We’re building more than just a venture fund.
- RippleX Fellowship: A student fellowship program that’s building the next generation of student founders and venture capitalists. One of the most authentic, tight-knit, and enabling ecosystems in the industry.
- Tank Talks Podcast: A podcast run by Matt Cohen, chatting with industry leaders in venture capital, operators, and some of the biggest names in the space.
- Content Engine: Working with our team to get our thoughts and insights highlighted across industry publications to share our thoughts on investing and company building.
The Associate Role
- Investing: Responsible for everything from sourcing, to diligence, to helping founders see why they should work with us, to crafting together investment materials from beginning to end.
- Operating: Working with our portfolio companies on key strategic areas like sales, marketing, finance, fundraising, hiring, and more.
- Marketing: Building your own personal brand while helping share the fund’s initiatives across the startup and technology ecosystem. Engaging our community while writing your own content and developing your own investment theses.
- Fellowship: To help manage our student fellowship program operations, marketing, and community development needs.
- Community: Creating your own “Ripple Effect” with founders, investors, and industry leaders to turn your initial ripples into waves.
Remote, but ideally the candidate will be primarily located in Toronto, New York, or San Francisco.
We’re Looking For Someone Who is
- Open-minded and curious: The most important part of the job is to ask great questions and think outside the box. To have a non-consensus view of the world, finding opportunities in companies that no one else is seeing.
- Analytical: You’ll either be reading for hours, speaking with industry experts, or going through tons of data across companies and industries. An important skill is being able to analyze it all and concisely develop your own findings.
- Resourceful: Not every answer and data point will be provided to you, so you’ll have to be great at searching for your own answers, reaching out to the right people, and working with what you have available when analyzing companies.
- An independent thinker: We want you to have your own thoughts, views, and stances on industries, founders, and companies. We want someone who thinks differently from us, and isn’t afraid to speak up about it with supporting data and rationale.
- Great at networking: The biggest part of the job is building a solid network of founders, investors, and industry experts in the ecosystem. You have to be a natural people person to be able to build genuine relationships and add value to others.
- Strong at communicating verbally and in writing: You’ll be speaking and writing almost every moment of the job. Either collecting your thoughts in Notion, writing thoughtful emails to founders, or in meetings with other investors.
- Spending time building or becoming an expert in an industry: We want someone who’s either built in an industry and become an expert, or has done their own research in a space they’re passionate about.
- A genuine and kind person: It goes without saying, we only want to work with genuine and kind people. We will be backchanneling with people you’ve worked with in the past to ensure you have a great and collaborative personality, as this is first and foremost all about the people.
Ideal Qualifications (Can be any combination of the following):
- Ideal prior experience (one of the following):
- Worked 2–3 years operating at a technology company
- Worked 2–3 years at another venture fund
- Founded your own company and operated for at least 2 years
2. Ideal strong, existing network (one of the following):
- Other investors
- Industry experts in a specific domain
- Application (Resume, Industry Thesis, Company Recommendation)
- Interviews (Investment Team, Partners)
- Case Study (Company Analysis)
- Background Checks (Primary and Secondary References)
- Personal Background Checks
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Ripple Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If interested, please apply here.