Revolution Ventures is looking to bring on a new class of Associates – one full-time role in our Washington, DC office and one full-time role in our San Francisco office. As part of our investment team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to partner with our founders, provide portfolio support, drive our due diligence and sourcing processes, and develop new investment themes. The role is a 2-year commitment, structured to accelerate your career in venture with the potential for longer-term career advancement based upon individual performance and firm needs.
- Work with portfolio companies to execute on strategic growth initiatives, including building financial models, cohort analyses, market research, and any other projects that will help our companies accelerate their success
- Source new investments by building deep relationships with entrepreneurs, funds, and other key ecosystem participants and help support our sourcing engine and processes
- Drive due diligence process for new investments, including compilation of investment memos, financial models/analysis, and supporting materials
- Perform market “deep dives” and market mapping exercises that support current investment theses as well as aid in the development of new ones
- Support team in fund administration, including portfolio company valuations, annual meeting preparation, and other ad hoc needs
What you’ll get out of this position:
- Learn key insights into how early-stage venture funds identify, evaluate, and invest in companies
- Work with founders to help build their businesses and gain true insights into startup operations
- Build your investment management and influence skills by managing processes that span every member of our investment team
- Grow your network of entrepreneurs and operators building the next-generation of category-leading companies
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if:
- You have a strong process orientation with an affinity for executing projects involving multiple stakeholders. You’re deeply organized and reliable.
- Solid analytical and financial modeling skills – ability to synthesize disparate data and facts into a single cohesive view.
- Strong project management and communication skills (written and verbal).
- You hustle hard. You have a strong track record of scrappiness and are a quick learner.
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future.
- You’re a phenomenal teammate with a low ego, equally up for data entry as you are for meeting with CEOs.
- You have the polish and presence to represent our firm and our values while interacting with founders and other C-level executives.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in investment banking/consulting or operating experience at a startup.
- Prior experience/knowledge of consumer/e-commerce, marketplaces, fintech, insuretech, proptech, SMB/enterprise software, or blockchain categories a plus.
At Revolution, we value diversity, teamwork, resourcefulness, excellence, and hustle. We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, genders, orientations, and backgrounds to apply. Someone will follow up if your background is a fit for us and we want to dig in more.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply here!
Revolution is a D.C.-based investment firm focused on backing entrepreneurs building transformative companies outside of Silicon Valley. Through its family of funds – The Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, Revolution Ventures, and Revolution Growth – Revolution partners with founders at every stage of the startup lifecycle. The firm has $1.7B committed capital and investments in over 250 companies. Over the last decade, we’ve built relationships in 60+ startup communities, granting our funds early access to exciting companies growing at all stages. Our partners have worked together for decades to create value for our portfolio through relationships with countless executives, investors, and board members. Learn more by visiting www.revolution.com.
If interested, please apply here.