Point72 Ventures is a global venture capital firm led by a diverse set of domain experts with the capital to lead rounds through all stages of company growth. We invest primarily in Fintech, AI/ML, and Enterprise technologies. As an independent arm of Point72, the global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen, Point72 Ventures offers well-informed insights into the global economy. Point72 Ventures has offices in Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City, and Stamford, Connecticut.
Our AI/ML team is looking for a thoughtful, hard-working Associate to help identify and source early stage investments in world-class, data-driven startups. We are technical investors that like to dive deep on verticals where we believe machine learning can be transformative, and rigorous analysis is core to our strategy. We expect Associates to thoroughly investigate themes by talking to companies, identifying and engaging with domain experts, performing market analyses, testing assumptions, and providing synthesized findings and recommendations for investment.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Conducting rigorous industry research and developing market maps of relevant startups
- Connecting and conducting calls/meetings with companies to qualify potential investment opportunities
- Performing rigorous due diligence of qualified investment opportunities
- Supporting the Partners and firm on various investment and operational tasks
- Strengthening our organizational culture and motivating others around our shared purpose and values
- Demonstrated academic excellence (BA/BS required, MBA or MS preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong connections with founders, influencers, and engineers
- Experience working at a high-growth technology startup and/or large technology-driven enterprise
- Some investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, or management consulting experience is preferred
- An inquisitive and analytical nature, with the ability to quickly gather and synthesize information, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
- A passion for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and related technologies
If interested, please apply here.