Point72 Ventures is the early-stage venture capital strategy funded exclusively by Steve Cohen and eligible employees of Point72. We invest in entrepreneurs who are transforming the economy through advances in financial technology , artificial intelligence and cyber security & enterprise infrastructure. Our team of top-tier investment professionals evaluate and engage the companies selected to be a part of our investment portfolio.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a high-energy Associate to join the Enterprise Technologies team to help identify and source early stage investments. The top companies of the future will be built on the most powerful enterprise technologies, and our team backs founders who are bringing those technologies to market. Specifically, we focus on enterprise infrastructure, cybersecurity, enterprise applications, and infrastructure for the future.
We are technical investors who dive deep into theme areas where we can build expertise and add strategic value to portfolio companies. Rigorous diligence is core to our strategy, and we expect Associates to roll up their sleeves and join us in the process of truly understanding a company by identifying domain experts for us to speak with, performing market analysis, and testing assumptions.
You will be trained on how to discover new deals, create a refined pipeline, and reach out to our target companies. During the diligence process, you will gain valuable skills and mentorship to grow into a sophisticated venture investor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create market maps and understand the basic technical underpinnings of startups operating within infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, academics, and investors to gain access to companies
- Conduct due diligence and market validation for potential investments
- Actively contribute on sourcing and company evaluation; conduct financial, business & technical diligence with high levels of precision; and craft first drafts of deal memos.
- Conduct first meetings to screen companies for meetings with Partners.
- Passion for enterprise technology and the role it plays in building the top companies of the future; including infrastructure that is fairly deep in the stack
- A technical undergraduate degree – Computer Science and Electrical Engineering degrees are preferred
- Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or product management (2+ years); TMT sector coverage is preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical horsepower to gather and synthesize information, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value added recommendations
- Creative and strategic thinker that has demonstrated the ability to repeatedly deliver exceptional results
If interested, please apply here.