Unlike a traditional buyout firm, the Point72 Venture Buyouts team works in conjunction with the Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) group within Point72 Ventures. We benefit from being able to draw from a flexible, long-term capital source, which allows us to pursue creative and unique strategies. Our model is truly differentiated: a blend of best-in-class venture and buyout competencies, a significant investment in dedicated operational talent, and the backing and resources of one the largest alternative asset managers.
AI will fundamentally change business workflow in many industries. Unlike selling subscription software, we believe the best way to catalyze that change is to acquire control of businesses that could benefit from implementing the AI solutions, many of which exist within the Point72 venture portfolio.
About the role:
We are technical investors that like to dive deep on verticals where we believe AI can be transformative, and rigorous analysis is core to our strategy. We expect Associates to thoroughly investigate themes by talking to companies, identifying and engaging with domain experts, performing market analyses, and preparing quantitative analysis, including modeling change-of-control transactions.
While this role includes the traditional facets of evaluating and executing control investments, it will also give you exposure to operational elements, including M&A integration and implementing artificial intelligence at scale.
Key responsibilities include
- Performing rigorous due diligence of qualified investment opportunities and assisting in all aspects of transaction execution
- Translating qualitative hypotheses into quantitative transaction models and sensitizing key assumptions
- Leveraged buyout acquisition modeling and valuation analyses
- Conducting rigorous industry research and developing market maps of relevant acquisition targets
- Monitoring portfolio companies at the board level and developing a strong working relationship with key executives at portfolio companies
- Supporting the firm on various investment and operational tasks
- Strengthening our organizational culture and motivating others around our shared purpose and values
- 1-3 years of Investment Banking experience AND 1-2 years of Private Equity experience at a buyout-focused firm (technology focus is a strong positive)
- Demonstrated academic excellence (BA/BS required)
- Strong modeling and analytical skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- A deep desire to “get to the right answer” and produce analysis that is error-free
- An intellectually curious nature, with the ability to quickly gather and synthesize information, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
- An interest in artificial intelligence and related technologies (a relevant technical background or other demonstrated interest is a positive)
- Excitement about the entrepreneurial aspect of working on a new and differentiated strategy within alternative asset management
If interested, please apply here.