Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Silicon Valley. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Work with team of Analysts and Associates in Plug & Play’s Verticals to investigate finances, business models, and technologies of start-up companies
- Examine the market and funding environments of these companies
- Based on findings from investigations, source high quality new investment opportunities that fit our investment criteria
- Based on the investigations, evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation
- Perform analyses of Investment Instruments and Startups’ financial profiles
- Perform deal analysis and recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies
- Conduct due diligence process, by drafting Investment Memos and Due Diligence Reports
- Understand and assist in the full investment life-cycle from due diligence, close process, pre and post funding support to follow-on funding
- Support portfolio companies on various management, business development, strategy and funding issues
Sourcing New Startups
- Source startups for respective vertical program
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Actively network with startup founders at industry events and conferences
- Schedule and facilitate deal flow meetings between startups and corporate partners
- Curate startup lists for corporate partners based on their technology interests
- Maintain relationships with industry partners
- Perform additional operational work for Plug and Play Ventures as needed
- Support the deal team on investment opportunities
- Conduct high-level research; analyze market, examine industry trends, track competitive landscape, interact with financial models, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Finance, or related field
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Prior work with a media company and/or digital advertising a big plus
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- Driven to continually learn, master the products they’re supporting/offering, and grow professionally
If interested, please apply here.