Plug and Play Tech Center is the largest global technology startup accelerator. With 14 industry specific programs ran annually, we match make startups with corporate leaders, such as Panasonic, Deutsche Bank, Maersk and Mercedes. With over 28 global locations, Plug and Play is searching for new team members to join our growing team.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate for our Health vertical to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Silicon Valley. The ideal candidate has a passion for the Healthcare Industry and understanding of how startups scale. This person is also driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
The Ventures Associate position is a key role on the Ventures Team and is responsible for finding potential investment opportunities and leading diligence on potential investment opportunities. Associates also consult large corporations on their innovation efforts, and manage/source relevant startups for both their respective vertical program and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Undertake guided and independent research to identify new markets and industry sectors
- Conduct in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities
- Outreach and screen new, relevant, and exciting startups for investment purposes
- Conduct biannual sourcing for business development (accelerator) programs aligning to tech interests as reported by PnP’s corporate partners
- Instruct, guide, and mentor Analysts and other support team members
- Assist with/devise portfolio support and investment strategies to maximize ROI of the PnP portfolio
- Develop investment thesis, support/lead investment deal process from origination to execution, provide ongoing investment monitoring and reporting
- Generate investment memorandums and present to PnP’s investment committee by performing due diligence on team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors, etc.
- Collaborate with and host corporate executives in deal flow sessions and develop a comprehensive understanding of our partners’ innovation challenges and tech interests
- Mentor start-ups on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and other ad hoc business needs
- Provide production/content support for demo days, mentor sessions, and other accelerator events
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- 2+ years of total work experience in venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startups; understanding of burgeoning trends in venture capital
- Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies within the Healthcare space
If interested, please apply here.