Plug and Play Tech Center is the largest global technology startup accelerator. With 20 industry specific programs ran annually, we matchmake startups with corporate leaders, such as Deutsche Bank, Maersk and Mercedes. With over 40 global locations, Plug and Play is searching for new team members to join our growing teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Plug and Play Tech Center is currently looking for a Ventures Associate to assist in evaluating investments by analyzing market trends, tracking competitive landscapes, and performing company related due diligence.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Source Seed and Series A startups for investment as well as corporate partners.
- Evangelizing Plug and Play to all potential network partners including startups, investors, corporate members within all verticals.
- Identify business development, licensing and strategic investment opportunities for corporate members within the Plug and Play ecosystem.
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator.
- Collaborate with corporate executives in deal flow sessions several times per week
- Analyze startup team strengths, market size, technology, and business model
Relationship Management and Research
- Mentor startups in the program on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and all other ad-hoc business needs.
- Work with corporations to identify areas for mentoring
- Conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identifying new competitive opportunities.
- Diligently participate and perform various ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Communication – Must possess communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with public speaking. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach solutions
- Proficiency in GSuite, MS Office, CRM platforms, project management tools, etc.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts and contribute towards high-impact results.
- Career-driven individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments, and high-tech startups
- Project Management – ability to manage several projects with VCs, corporate partners, and startups
- Self-Starter – ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree, MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Background in Finance is highly recommended
- Experience working in a startup environment
If interested, please apply here.