McKesson Ventures seeks a high performing candidate to join a team of experienced investors and business development professionals to help build and manage a strong portfolio of investments, as measured by both financial performance and strategic insight returns. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of healthcare investment banking or equity research experience, technical ability, internal drive and curiosity, and an overall commitment to further enhancing the strong culture of our tightly knit team.
- Investment due-diligence. Triage and evaluate pipeline of new investment prospects. Support investment diligence and transaction execution.
- Deal Monitoring. Proactively identify, track and monitor prospective investment targets.
- Financial Analysis. Perform financial modeling to support investment decisions and portfolio management, including investment return and follow-on investment forecasting. Lead the preparation of periodic analyses for internal and external stakeholders.
- Industry Evaluation. Monitor relevant industry publications, daily newsletters and blogs to synthesize industry trends and develop investment theses. Provide perspective on market landscapes, relevant private companies and funding activity.
- Presentation Support. Prepare compelling investment presentations for McKesson Ventures Investment Committee and prepare periodic presentations for internal and external audiences about industry insights.
- Insight Sharing. Understand McKesson’s Business Units and strategic priorities and help highlight relevant insights, market dynamics, and innovative services emerging in the venture ecosystem.
- At least 2 years of experience in healthcare investment banking or equity research.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates who also have prior experience in venture investing or an operating role in a leading healthcare startup.
- Proven understanding of innovation trends impacting healthcare industry.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to build excel models and review financial statements.
- Experience supporting due-diligence processes and interacting with management teams.
- Ability to prepare a compelling and cogent investment narrative and presentation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated affinity for entrepreneurial ecosystem and lifecycles of early stage companies.
- Team player, with high emotional intelligence, integrity and humility.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance, or related field.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
If interested, please apply here.