LEGO Ventures is an outcome of The LEGO Group’s 87 years of awesomeness! We were founded in the fall 2018 to invest at the intersection of Creativity, Play and Learning with an eye on LEGO Group’s 100-year anniversary in 2032. What will the world look like by then? Flying cars, hoverboards, virtual worlds? And how will this affect children and the way they play?
Well, at LEGO Ventures we get to have a hand in shaping the future of play. Want in? We’re hiring.
LEGO Ventures is tasked with helping to deliver future growth and mission-driven impact for the LEGO Brand Group. This will happen through strategic investments, acquisitions and incubation of new companies – all focused within distinct strategic verticals.
The purpose of this role is to support the execution of the LEGO Ventures investment strategy, working alongside Partners to be a driver of the identification and execution of deals across all maturity stages. The position reports to the Head of North America.
Sourcing & Origination
- Establish a data driven process for growing our venture pipeline
- Spearhead investments by conducting initial outreach, data gathering and assessment, and establishing relationships with founders
- Monitor and track development of previously screened companies
- Represent LEGO Ventures at relevant industry events and conferences
- Deeply understand the LEGO organization, business units, and priorities to prioritize
- investments according to LEGO’s mission and strategy.
- Conduct initial screening and meetings with start-ups
- Create robust financial models for potential companies
- Develop investment insights and hypotheses by conduction market, product, customers, and financial due diligence
- Provide operational support to Partners and Portfolio Companies when needed
- Assist in tracking portfolio company KPIs
- Support the assessment of follow-on investments
- Strong business acumen is required. Strong academic background is preferred.
- 2-5 years professional experience at a leading VC firm.
- Entrepreneurial, start-up or operational experience
- Proactive, self-directed leader
- Strong technical and analytical skills (eg. financial modeling, SQL, etc.)
- Strong verbal communication and concise writing skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork is required on our globally distributed team.
- International and domestic travel (Up to 25%)
If interested, please apply here.