Kaiser Permanente Ventures (KP Ventures) is looking for a Venture Capital Associate to support investment analyses, capital deployment processes, and portfolio development. Associates gain exposure to the healthcare venture capital business alongside an entrepreneurial team of accomplished investors and healthcare executives. Associates work closely with all members of the venture team. This is a junior investment role.
KP Ventures invests in healthcare IT, digital health, healthcare services, and medical technology companies. KP Ventures is dedicated to partnering with entrepreneurial companies to build innovative and enduring businesses that advance the quality, access, and affordability of healthcare and the health of our communities. The fund collaborates with all of its limited partners (Kaiser Permanente, Point 32, Henry Ford Health System, Highmark) to understand priorities for the healthcare ecosystem and to identify relevant and valuable innovations.
Since its inception in 1997, KP Ventures has deployed capital in more than 80 companies and has raised over $500M to date. Currently investing out of Fund V, a $140M fund, launched in mid-2019.
As an investment associate at KP Ventures, you will:
- Support the deal execution process. Responsive to the needs and guidance of investment leads, you will:
- Track and screen incoming investment opportunities
- Efficiently manage each stage of due diligence, to support timely decision making
- Support or lead all components of due diligence (such as market, competition, and clinical)
- Write investment memoranda and support investment committee presentations
- Transaction execution and deal closing
- Build expertise in venture investment analysis and the healthcare innovation ecosystem.
- Support the fund’s strategic engagement, working closely with investment leads and Kaiser Permanente thought leaders to develop investment theses and provide support to portfolio companies.
- Contribute to the fund through other team responsibilities, including presentations, events, portfolio reporting, and general fund operations.
We are looking for you to bring:
- Healthcare experience: 3-5 years in a role in the healthcare industry, with perspectives on innovative companies or sector trends.
- Analytical mind: Strong financial analysis skill set.
- Advanced Excel financial modeling skills. Our work is in company-level financial forecasts and investment return modeling, as well as some market modeling.
- Your experience may have been gained through company financial forecasts, intricate scenario planning and forecasting, epidemiological models, or investment or corporate modeling.
- You have experience building, managing and guiding others through your models.
- Team player mindset: Collaborative, adaptable to a dynamic environment and a variety of work styles.
- Organization: Ability to run multiple workstreams at once, with a reliable attention to detail.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work ethic: Exceptional work ethic and willingness to accomplish all required tasks to assist the team. Resourceful when needed.
- Interpersonal skills: Including the ability to build and establish relationships with KP leaders, executive-level portfolio company leaders, and industry partners. High integrity.
Travel & Location
- Travel as required (approximately 5% of time)
- Team based in Oakland, CA, Kaiser Permanente’s headquarters
If interested, please apply here.