The Venture Capital Associate will support investment analysis, fund operations, and portfolio management. This is a tremendous opportunity to gain exposure to the healthcare venture capital business alongside a small entrepreneurial team of accomplished investors and healthcare executives. This is a 2- to 3-year role, based on performance, typically leading to a transition to an operating role or MBA program.
As of the Summer 2019, the ideal candidate will have completed 3 to 5 years of post-college transactional work with a focus on healthcare with a leading venture capital or private equity firm, investment bank, or consulting firm. Candidates without relevant healthcare experience will not be considered.
Kaiser Permanente Ventures (KP Ventures) makes investments in healthcare IT, digital health, healthcare services, and medical devices companies. KP Ventures is dedicated to partnering with entrepreneurial companies to build innovative and enduring businesses that advance the quality, access, and affordability of healthcare and the health of our communities. Since its inception in 1997, KP Ventures has invested in more than 60 venture-capital backed companies at all stages of growth and has raised over $400M to deploy in companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Associate will work closely with members of the venture capital team. This is a junior investment role.
- The Associate will be engaged in nearly all aspects of venture capital investing from:
- Tracking and screening incoming business plans
- Conducting all stages of due diligence (such as market, competition, and clinical diligence)
- Writing investment memoranda, transaction execution, and ongoing analytical support for portfolio companies.
- The Associate will be expected to contribute to other team responsibilities, such as presentation, production, and periodic portfolio reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- BA/BS in finance, economics, or healthcare related field. Candidates currently finishing an MBA program will also be considered.
- Relevant work experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience post-college at a leading venture or private equity firm, investment bank, or consulting firm, with an industry focus on healthcare.
- Strong corporate finance and accounting knowledge-base gained through an investment banking analyst program and/or corporate finance and accounting coursework during university.
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills, with ability to build complex financial models from scratch and independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and willingness to accomplish all required tasks to assist the team.
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- High integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and establish collaborative working relationships.
Travel & Job Location:
- Travel as required (approximately 5% of time)
- Position based in Oakland, CA
To apply: please email email@example.com with your resume.