Javelin Venture Partners is a Seed and Series A stage fund that backs entrepreneurs building groundbreaking, disruptive new businesses. We move at a fast pace and invest across a broad group of sectors including marketplaces, SaaS, consumer, fin-tech, prop-tech and healthcare IT. We are seeking a full time associate or principal to focus on analyzing potential investments, conducting due diligence, researching emerging technology sectors and generally helping to perform critical tasks in the venture investment process. Based in our SF office, this position offers a rare opportunity to work closely with our firm’s partners, expand your experience in the venture capital business, and manage a variety of projects for the firm and its portfolio companies. We are on a fifth fund, have nearly $550m AUM, and are very active and involved investors. Our investments include innovative companies like MasterClass, Thumbtack, SmartAsset, Carbon Health, Homeward, Mythical Games, Niantic, PAIR Eyewear, and many others.
This job is ideal for operators and/or individuals who have previously worked in VC. We view this role as having long term potential, with an opportunity to grow with the firm.
- Research and present analyses on investment opportunities, including modeling of financial projections, cap tables, and outcome analysis
- Perform due diligence on entrepreneurs and their companies
- Source potential investments by networking in the start-up community
- Attend industry trade shows
- Monitor and assist existing portfolio companies
- Help Javelin with brand building and social media exposure
- Actively engage and voice their opinion, be controversial at times, not be afraid to take a stand, and build towards becoming a thought leader
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in venture capital or technology companies, preferably start-ups
- A good natured disposition and a great sense of humor
The role is based in our San Francisco office at 221 Main Street in San Francisco. Compensation will be market competitive and based on your prior experience level.
To apply, send your resume or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com