Innovation Endeavors is an early-stage venture capital firm that invests in visionary founders, transformational technology and emergent ecosystems for a new world. The firm’s central investment thesis, the Super Evolution, combines data, leading-edge computation, and advanced engineering to transform industries, from agriculture and ogistics to life sciences, transportation and more. Innovation Endeavors is headquartered in Silicon Valley. Its investments include: Fabric; Freenome; Planet; Plenty; SoFi; Uber; and Zymergen. For more information, visit http://www.InnovationEndeavors.com.
Role Description: We are looking for a sharp individual who is passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming and disrupting large industries. The role includes:
● Diligence and Research:
○ Conduct deal-specific research, customer calls, expert interviews, investor conversations, etc.
○ Synthesize findings and make recommendation to investment team
○ Create detailed investment memos
○ Assist in building new investment theses by analyzing and assessing new markets
○ Conduct market research through data analysis, interviews, and other sources
○ Proactively identify and engage with exciting companies and entrepreneurs
○ Create content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in spaces of interest
○ Build valuable relationships with founders, investors, and other relevant parties
Portfolio company support:
○ Support companies with strategy, hiring, business development, and planning for future financing
Desired Skills and Experience: We are looking for someone with 2-4 years of previous work experience, ideally with a background in management consulting or product management. Technical background or experience is preferred but not required. Previous investing experience is not required.
The ideal candidate:
● Extremely passionate and excited by the intersection of large markets and emerging technologies
● Graduated from a top university
● 2-4 years of work experience at a top-tier firm in a related field
● Strong business toolkit and critical thinking skills with a good grasp on technology and tech business models
● Naturally curious about new technologies and early stage startups
● Able to develop perspective on companies in analytical way with limited information
● Comfortable leading and participating in team discussions, sharing own opinion
● Strong interpersonal skills, a creative problem solving style, and exceptional work ethic
● Super power is execution; self-starter and able to initiate work or projects
● Enjoys working in a small team environment
● Based in the Bay Area (or is willing to relocate to the Bay Area)
If you are interested in learning more about the role or applying, please send your resume and an email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.