Support IBM Ventures in its mission to help IBM grow through the venture and startup ecosystem.
- Conduct market research on venture investment and disruptive startup trends
- Develop presentations on emerging opportunities including IoT, AI, AR/VR, cloud, robotics, analytics, fintech, blockchain and others
- Interact with startups and support IBM Ventures in assessment of their business plans.
- Conduct market research on competitive industries, products and services and identify trends, patterns, and gaps/opportunities
- Monitor investment industry trends and activity. Report regularly on trends in the VC and Corporate VC ecosystem
- Participate and contribute in weekly partnership meetings
- Support IBM Ventures engagements with clients, including project management of Innovation Hub program
- Explore and dissect use case success between IBM products/solutions and startups
- Any other ad hoc projects that may arise through the course of business (e.g., writing, research, etc.).
- IBM Ventures is an established and well-known corporate venture group
- You will have ownership of your projects and manage these projects from start to finish
- Be in the forefront of innovation in Silicon Valley
- Interact with VCs, entrepreneurs, and change agents
- Learn about industries in which we partner in
- Learn about Fortune 500 clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience (0-2 years) in: Venture capital, equity funds or finance organizations or technology startups.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Familiarity with venture investment tools including Pitchbook, CB Insights
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with entrepreneurs, clients and others from diverse backgrounds.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Excellent business research skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for finding solutions
If interested, please apply here.