VC Associate @ Grishin Robotics in San Francisco, CA
Grishin Robotics (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a leading early-stage VC firm, currently investing out of our second fund of $100M. We invest in multiple sectors, with recent investments in consumer internet, e-commerce, gaming, robotics/electronics, digital media, productivity, and creator economies.
Our existing portfolio of investments can be found at https://www.grishinrobotics.com/portfolio
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Associate to join as a member of the investment team. The Associate will have significant responsibility from day one in sourcing and executing transactions and will work directly with the firm’s partners on all aspects of venture investing, including market analysis, startup due diligence, deal sourcing and execution, and fund management. We are a small tight-knit team and Associates have significant latitude to impact the overall direction and culture of the firm.
Grishin Robotics aims to grow from within and successful Associates are eligible for promotion to Principal level once the appropriate qualifications are met.
This is a rare opportunity to gain immediate direct experience with venture capital investing. Previous and current Associates have typically been able to lead and execute their first investments for the fund within a few months of joining the firm.
- 2-4 years of experience, ideally in investment banking, consulting, corporate development, product management, startup operations, or other highly analytical roles
- Exceptional drive and ability to work in a hands-on startup-like environment
- Strong intellectual curiosity and interest in the tech startup space
- Willingness and desire to learn quickly and independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to forge and develop strong working relationships with founders, other VC investors, and strategic partners or advisors
Nice to have:
- Experience at a recognized VC firm
- Existing professional network in the SF Bay Area
- Domain expertise or existing knowledge of specific verticals (e.g. payments, headless e-commerce, food delivery, creator tools)
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your resume and a 2-3 line description of an early stage startup that you would propose for investment.
We offer an opportunity to join a leading emerging technology VC firm. This position offers competitive salary and benefits in addition to the opportunity for accelerated career growth at a lean and fast-growing fund. Candidates should have the legal right to work in the U.S.