Gopher Asset Management is the Asset Management arm of Noah (NYSE: NOAH), which is the largest private wealth management platform based in China with AUA of$80B+. Previously, Noah was backed by Sequoia Capital China before going public in 2010. Today, Gopher Asset Management is overseeing $25B+ in Asia and North America across FoF, VC/PE, real estate, credit and public equities.
Based in Menlo Park CA, Gopher US focuses on mid-stage VC/PE investments across several technology sectors including Fintech, Healthcare IT, consumer, enterprise software and IoT, typically check size is between $5-$20M per transaction.
We are looking to hire an Associate to be based in our Menlo Park office. Him/her who will play a critical role in supporting the General Partner and other senior investment professionals with market/industry research, deal sourcing, due diligence efforts, monitoring and assisting underlying portfolio funds and companies. This role will have a great exposure to the key elements of VC/PE and even broader cross-asset investments.
Candidates must have a demonstrated passion for tech and VC as well as a strong track record in academic or industry accomplishments. Ideal candidates should have some experiences in sourcing, VC/PE due diligence, closing and post-investment monitoring. Ideal candidates should have 1-2 years of work experience preferably in Investment Banking, Consulting, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a recognized firm.
The position will be actively involved with the deal team in all aspects of VC ranging from deal sourcing, market research, due diligence of principal investment transactions. Ability to work independently and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment is critical. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel with strong modeling experience. An undergraduate technical degree from a top university is preferable.
- Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities through outbound calling or networking in pre-defined technology segments and newly discovered segments.
- Assist Partners in managing deal prospects from first conversation through term sheet to deal close, coordinating resources to assess and win the deal.
- Assist Partners in coordinating deal analysis, financial modeling, and due diligence.
- Form hypotheses on investment opportunities based on industry research and market intuition.
- Assist Partners in creating clear and concise investment memos to the investment committee.
- Continually monitor and investigate macro and micro industry trends to recommend new sectors of technology for evaluation and potential investment.
- 1-2 years experience at a recognized VC firm or investment banking background.
- Bilingual in Chinese/English (China/US cross broader investment experience is preferred).
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top University with superior academic performance
- Exceptional driven, high intellectual curiosity, eagerness to learn fast and independently
- Strong existing network in VC, Entrepreneurs network and tech ecosystem in SF Bay Area strongly preferred.
- Superior work ethic, communication skills, and attention to detail,
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Product manager mindset, experience in other alternative asset classes is preferred.
If interested to apply, please send resume to: email@example.com