WHO WE ARE:
DCM is a global early-stage venture capital firm with $4.5 billion in assets under management and a mission to empower the global ambitions of inspired entrepreneurs. We’re a small group of investment professionals and operate a “one team, one fund” approach across three core geographies – the US, Japan and China. To date, we’ve partnered with over 300 companies across the world, including industry leaders such as Amber, Brigit, Blockfolio (acq. by FTX), Bill.com, Chia, Careem (Uber), Figure, Fountain, FuboTV, Hims & Hers, Kakao Talk, Kuaishou, Matterport, Musical.ly (TikTok), Plenty, SanSan, Sling Media, SoFi, Tempo, VIPShop, and Wrike. Our most recent funds include a $780M early-stage venture fund and a $100m seed-focused fund.
This is a rare opportunity to work across the entire venture capital process at a cross-border firm. For candidates with long-term aspirations in the industry – this is a potentially partner track role; many of our most senior investment professionals began their careers as associates at DCM.
Primarily responsibilities will include working with our senior investment team members to:
- Conduct market research and develop novel investment theses
- Conduct diligence on investment opportunities, e.g. analysis of investment thesis, financial analysis and modeling, market and competitor research, team and customer interviews, etc.
- Execute on investment opportunities, including preparation of internal memos and modeling potential outcomes
- Support DCM portfolio companies
- Support our CFO and finance team on portfolio tracking and reporting to our LPs
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelors or advanced degree with a strong record of academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in finance, strategy consulting, or business operations
- Intermediate to advanced financial modeling experience
- Familiarity and knowledge in technology trends/business models
- Investment experience is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with venture capital concepts is a plus but not required
- Enjoys and is effective in building new connections
- Intellectually curious, strategic, and thoughtful
- Interested in new trends and evaluating their impact
- Internally driven and motivated
- Strong sense of ownership
- Bias towards action
- Collaborative and low ego
West coast time-zone preferred; slight preference for candidates in close proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area, though also open to candidates with established networks in other locations.
Candidates must already be authorized to work in the US
David Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
HOW TO APPLY:
Send us an email with your resume and any relevant information about yourself