Associates drive a variety of market and transaction-related analyses, working with managers and directors to develop acquisition opportunities, venture capital investments, and corporate strategy. The associate will join the team focused on collaboration technology.
- You will source, screen and propose investment, partnerships and M&A opportunities.
- You will work closely with Cisco Business Units to align strategy with partners and other key constituents.
- You will drive detailed technology and market analyses of key sectors.
- You will develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses.
- You will design presentations for senior management related to acquisitions and investments.
- You will perform business, financial, accounting, and customer due diligence
Who you’ll work with
The Cisco Corporate Development team is responsible for driving Cisco’s long-term growth strategy through venture capital investments and acquisitions. We aggressively source new opportunities, develop strategic perspectives on innovative market segments, execute on M&A transactions and actively manage VC investments. Cisco is looking to add extraordinary team members to grow its organization and support the company’s continued growth. This particular role will support Cisco’s Collaboration business unit focusing on enterprise software solutions that will improve communications, boost productivity, and transform how work gets done.
Who you are
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- You offer 2+ years as an analyst at a top-tier investment bank, Private Equity/Venture Capital (PE/VC) firm with deal experience, or strategy consulting ideally in the technology industry
- You have the proven ability to build structured quantitative analyses and financial models
- You have demonstrated personal initiative, excellent judgment and have a sense of humor.
- You have strong leadership capabilities and the ability to operate successfully in an unstructured, collaborative environment
- You have a natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models and industry trends.
- You are ambitious and able to independently source and execute transactions.
- Ideally, you are pre-MBA; BA / BS degree in a quantitative discipline with strong academic credentials
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
If interested, please apply here.