Cathay Innovation is a European venture capital fund investing in North America, Europe, China and Africa. Based in San Francisco, Paris, and Shanghai, we are affiliated with Cathay Capital, a global investment firm with over $3.0b AUM and 90 professionals. We are now investing out of the recently launched Fund II, a EUR 500 million vehicle.
Cathay Innovation was founded around the conviction that supporting digital entrepreneurs by providing them with a global platform, bridging North America, Europe and China, constitutes a particularly powerful value-creation strategy. As an early growth focused fund, Cathay Innovation partners with visionary entrepreneurs, committed to driving change through technology. Such transformation is accelerated by leveraging Cathay Capital Private Equity’s extensive network with corporates and solid experience in operational excellence.
Cathay Innovation has already invested in over 30 investments around the world, including Chime Bank, Glovo, Ledger Hardware Wallet, Peek Travel, Trifacta, PinDuoDuo, Momenta, OnTruck, Owkin, among others. Many of our companies have gone on to raise substantial rounds (e.g. Chime Bank recently raised $200m led by DST Global and Glovo raised $169m Series D). We also had our first IPO in Fund I, the three-year-old firm PinDuoDuo which went public on the Nasdaq for nearly $30b.
We are currently looking for an Associate to join our San Francisco office to start immediately.
What the role entails:
We are looking to add another new team member to the investment team. The Investment Analyst or Associate will be primarily responsible, together with the rest of the team, in the sourcing of new opportunities, investigation and execution of deals, and assistance and monitoring of the portfolio companies.
- Support deal execution build financial models and prepare investment memoranda
- Monitor internal deal flow pipeline. Participation in the reporting to LPs
- Attend networking events and conferences on behalf of the firm
- Occasional domestic and international travel as necessary for the above activities
Candidates that will be seriously considered for the role will have the following qualifications:
- 2–4 years of business experience conducting company evaluation and financial analysis, ideally at a top tier investment bank, buy-side investment firm or consulting firm.
- Prior demonstrated interest in technology sectors as well as in start-ups. Technical background a plus
- Exceptional analytic skills, Excel modeling and deal evaluation skills
- Strong strategic thinking, project management and communication skills
- Self-starter that has the desire to be part of a fast-developing, entrepreneurial project on three continents
- French language speaking a plus
If you’re interested, we’d be excited to learn more:
Please share your resume and a quick note about why you’re interested to: firstname.lastname@example.org