The Associate position is responsible for sourcing, due diligence, research, and thesis development to support our Investment Team. Your job will focus on increasing the sourcing capabilities of the firm through existing and new networks. You will conduct due diligence on markets and sectors and help the team formulate investment ideas while also helping in investment decision making. In addition, you will provide board support and other post investment activities that help us manage the relationship with existing portfolio companies. This position is based in San Francisco. You will report to Loren Straub on our Investment Team.
Bowery Capital is looking to hire a new member of our investment team on the west coast. We are focused on finding someone having had several years of work experience. This role will have a heavy emphasis on research and sourcing to identify new investment opportunities. You are an entrepreneurially minded person who has prior operating or internship experience at a b2b software company. You are intellectually curious about the ecosystems that Bowery Capital operates in and and are excited by the opportunity to be part of a Venture Capital fund that is laser-focused on investing in companies that are changing the way software is disrupting legacy industries.
- Source deals and build a network of future founders.
- Run monthly thesis sprints on new software opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence and analysis on in-process investment opportunities.
- Manage board meeting follow ups and deliverables.
- Own and be the point person for our Investment Team Fellowship Program.
- Engage in broader Bowery Capital brand efforts included but not limited to blogging, hosting podcasts, events and social media.
- Experience working at an early-stage tech startup and an eagerness to become an expert in B2B SaaS and B2B Marketplaces.
- Demonstrable experience public or private in research, analysis and project management.
- Tech savvy with advanced Excel and presentation skills.
- Self starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and venture capital.
If interested, please apply here.