We are looking for an Associate to join our team. You will be exposed to many aspects of Blumberg Capital and have direct interaction with team members at all levels. As an Associate, you will support portfolio companies, help research and develop new investment theses, generate deal flow, and conduct due diligence on potential investments. Ideal candidates are self-starters and experienced in handling a wide range of due diligence related tasks, with the ability to work independently with clear guidance.
This is intended as a two-year position, typically followed by business school or an operational role. For exceptional candidates, there may be an opportunity to continue on a career-track at Blumberg Capital.
- Portfolio: Assist portfolio companies with introductions for business development, hiring needs and other areas as directed by team
- Investment review: Conduct initial review of investment prospects and assess deal fit according to the firm’s investment criteria
- Due diligence: Perform all aspects of due diligence, including financial and valuation analyses as well as technology and competitive market reviews for potential investments
- Deal sourcing: Identify and engage potential investment opportunities through networking, cold outreach, conferences, etc.
- Research and thesis development: Research markets and specific industry trends
- Presentations: Prepare presentations for team members on Fund, portfolio and thematic topics for internal and external audiences
Experience and Required Qualities/Attributes
- Undergraduate degree with an outstanding academic track record
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at a venture capital, private equity, tech company, strategy consultancy, investment bank or other relevant background
- Experience working in a team oriented and open office environment
- Must be quantitative and analytical with strong research and financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to connect effectively with all levels
- Strong understanding of information technology from a technical and/or market perspective
- Entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working, a can-do attitude with excellent business judgment and ethics, and a strong desire to succeed
- Positive attitude and calm temperament; ability to handle multiple tasks with perseverance, discretion and tact
If interested, please apply here.