B Capital is looking for a Pre-MBA Associate for the Healthcare Team who has an incredible drive to assist in the investment process from end-to-end. Primary responsibilities will be helping identify new healthcare investment opportunities through research-driven sourcing, researching markets and sector trends, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed business and financial due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our healthcare areas of healthcare IT, digital health, biotech, and innovative medical technology. The role requires a scientific or engineering background, maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
Building company value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
- Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets.
Basic Job Requirements
- Passion for disruptive technology.
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm focused on healthcare opportunities, investment banking on a healthcare team, operating experience either at a healthcare company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Undergraduate degree in biology, biomedical engineering, engineering with biology, biochemistry or other relevant field is highly desired.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
About b Capital
B Capital Group is a multi-stage, international investment firm founded in 2015 by Raj Ganguly, Eduardo Saverin, Howard Morgan, and Kabir Narang. B Capital invests in companies transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned experts and a strategic partnership with BCG, B Capital helps founders navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at every stage of the startup lifecycle. B Capital invests in enterprise technology (e.g., consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), fintech and insurtech, industrial and transportation, and healthcare tech and Bio IT. The B Capital portfolio includes global, industry-leading companies like Aetion, Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Carro, Dailyhunt, DataRobot, Evidation Health, FalconX, Icertis, Innovaccer, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable Labs, Payfazz, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat, XingYun. For more information, visit http://www.bcapgroup.com/.
b Capital Group Core Values
- B Honest & Trustworthy – Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive – Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative – We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold – We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble – We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent – When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them. We work hard and play hard.
- B Evolving – We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
If interested, please apply here.