B Capital is looking for pre-MBA Associates who have an incredible drive to assist in the investment process from end-to-end. Primary responsibilities will be helping identify new investment opportunities through researchdriven sourcing, researching markets and sector trends, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed business and financial due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our primary industry verticals – consumer enablement, financial services/insurance, health/wellness, and industrial/transportation. The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
• Develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts.
• Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation:
• Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
• Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
Building company value:
• Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
• Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets.
• Passion for disruptive technology.
• 1-3+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
• Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
• Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
Location: San Francisco or Los Angeles
How to Apply: For those interested in the position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV (in pdf or Word) to email@example.com.