The Startup Business Development team works directly with the top startups in the world, to drive adoption, growth, and success on Amazon Web Services. The team’s comprised of a rare group – serial entrepreneurs, investors, and startup leaders – working within Amazon to drive AWS strategy, while supporting the next generation of startup entrepreneurs. As a member of the team, you will be working closely with leading early-stage investors and partners, and support their portfolio companies with resources from AWS and Amazon.
The global early stage startup landscape is vast and complex. You will support the Startup Business Development team in better understanding this landscape, by digging deep to bring data and insight to light that enables the team to best engage startups. Going deeper, you will be a key team member in building and executing programs with our top partners – ranging from specialized initiatives (e.g. healthcare, artificial intelligence, financial services) to global events.
This is an opportunity to join a high-caliber team at center stage in Amazon and the broader startup space. Your team members will include former founders of top tech startups – people who have started publicly traded companies, led startups to successful acquisition, were early team members at Facebook, StubHub, and Reddit – who are interested in providing colleagues with unique mentorship, development opportunities, and network access. As you perform, you will take on more and more responsibility at a company that is growing rapidly, where a premium is placed on developing exceptional talent.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to execute strategic initiatives with top AWS partners, as well as the poise, professionalism and passion for startups. A keen sense of ownership, bias for action, and the ability to dive deep into data are “must haves” to help AWS’ global organization achieve results.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Work with select accelerators and early-stage partners to build strategic programs supporting their portfolio companies.
· Analyzing investor portfolios to identify business opportunities for AWS.
· Partner closely with the AWS sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with startups in order to build long-term opportunities.
· Understand and actively utilize Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Some travel may be required.
· You’ll also work closely with other AWS business development, product management, and program management teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the startup community.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience such as management consulting, investment banking, principal investing or a corporate finance rotation.
· Experience working with and making business decisions leveraging data focused tools ex: tableau, SQL, excel
· Experience as a startup founder or investor
· Knowledge of and familiarity within the startup ecosystem
· Advanced experience with data focused tools
· MBA or graduate degree
If interested, please apply here