We are looking to add to our Palo Alto team a results-oriented paid summer interns and senior associate hires to assist us with critical tasks while gaining experience in venture capital. You will help identify and analyze key technology trends and markets that are ripe for disruption. You will be instrumental in helping us identify founders and teams whom we should consider for investments. You’ll play a key role in due diligence that goes above and beyond simply looking at slide decks and Excel models.
Typical Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Conduct market research on sectors of interest, developing and testing hypotheses around opportunities, threats, incumbents and disruptive start-ups
- Participate in deal sourcing activities (e.g., conferences, meet-ups, networking events)
- Perform due diligence on potential investments, including industry analysis, competitive assessment, product-market fit, go-to-market validation, and financial modeling
- Analyze operational forecasts and overall strategies of target companies
- Assume these responsibilities represent the floor, not the ceiling. We’re interested in your ideas once you’re on board
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Currently a high performing post-graduate student at a university program (either MBA, Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
- Have at least 2+ years of work experience in a technology-centric role
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, loosely structured environment, balancing multiple roles and functions across multiple projects
- Superior work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and evidence of being a self-starter
- Excellent analytical, research and organizational skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with operating executives and ability to connect with founders
About AV8 Ventures
AV8 Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm based in Palo Alto, CA with $360M AUM. We are early stage partners in helping founders build their companies. While we are full lifecycle investors, we typically start our partnership with Seed or Series A investments anywhere in North America and selectively elsewhere.
We seek entrepreneurs transforming key areas of our focus including
- Financial Services
- Disruptive applications of AI/ML
We bring decades of experience along with deep technical backgrounds and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and truly partner with founders. We also bring a cadre of Venture Advisors and other platform resources alongside to help our companies succeed.
Please send a resume to email@example.com and 2-3 sentences on what area you’d like to focus on and why.