This role is a key part of our GP Operations Team. Venture Associates are the primary points of contact for fund managers (GPs) using AngelList. They guide GPs through the process of setting up and running syndicates and venture funds. This role is a combination of high-stakes relationship management and substantive venture operations expertise and execution.
The Operations Team delivers AngelList’s products and services in the most efficient way at the highest quality to our users.
Given the breadth and scale of our investment products (Syndicates – angel.co/syndicates and Angel Funds – angel.co/angel-funds), the Operations Team consists of specialized units that together serve all areas of the investment lifecycle across GPs and LPs.
– Onboard fund managers to AngelList and be the trusted source of best practices for running a venture fund
– Be the primary source of support for fund managers by acting as a product, legal, and market expert, helping them navigate questions, bugs and issues
– Review and polish investment memos and pitch decks with the same level of dedication as if they were your own
– Be the voice of the customer: consolidate and surface feedback & opportunities internally
– Develop product and process improvements
The strongest candidates will have:
– 2+ years in an operational role ideally at a fast-growing company
– High-level relationship management experience
– Superb communication skills: you must have the ability to command the trust of sophisticated fund managers
– Deep understanding of core financial concepts and venture finance: you’ll be the go-to person for the GPs you work with so you need to know the nuts and bolts
– Deep understanding of the startup & technology landscape
– Superb attention to detail – you need to be able to catch the corner case every time
– Great attitude with the ability to embrace change as we continually improve products and processes.
**About AngelList Venture**
AngelList Venture helps world-changing startups access capital.
Since AngelList started in 2010 the Venture team has helped over 3,500 startups and fund managers raise over $1bn. More about us here: angel.co/2018
If interested, please apply here.