About Us: Amplify Partners is a preeminent early-stage venture capital firm that backs technical founders applying computer science and machine learning to redefine enterprise technology. Founded in 2012, Amplify manages over $800 million of institutional capital and has consistently delivered top-tier performance to its investors across four funds and over eighty portfolio companies. www.amplifypartners.com
Role: Nearly 10 years ago, our founding team recognized that radically innovative technical tools and platforms were coming to market that could fundamentally change how we live and work. However, the teams building these products faced intimidating challenges as they transformed their projects into companies. We saw the need for an investor who could relentlessly partner with these founders as they navigate a unique set of obstacles and opportunities. Since then, we’ve built a team and platform that is deeply committed to helping founders unlock enterprise innovation. Now, Amplify is hiring our first full-time Associate to join our team as we identify and partner with technical founders solving the most challenging problems in AI tools and infrastructure and applications powered by AI.The Associate will play a critical role in identifying potential founders and investments; supporting deal processes; and working with portfolio companies.
This is a unique opportunity to drive impact by meeting with the brightest researchers, engineers, and executives – those who will determine the impact that software and AI have on industry, society, and the environment. It is also a chance to learn from a diverse and experienced team of investors, who are all committed to mentorship and collaboration.
Specifically, the Associate will work on and with the Investment team to:
- Networking: Identify and build relationships with the best people in our target domains. We don’t always know who will become a founder, so meeting with the best people, and building strong relationships with them is the most important aspect of our job here at Amplify.
- Sourcing: Discover exciting companies, including by deeply exploring Amplify’s target domains.
- Research: Do research in support of diligence processes or to help win deals; including competitive intelligence, user interviews, etc.
- Other: Help with routine portfolio work like editing blog posts, sourcing candidates, etc.
Candidate Profile: You are a fit for this role if you:
- Are intensely curious about different technical fields around artificial intelligence and machine learning; eager to explore a wide range of domains
- Love meeting new people and exploring new networks (e.g. around academic institutions, lighthouse companies, conferences, etc.)
- Enjoy engaging in highly technical conversations on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Can bridge relationships among those with mutual interests or related needs
- Can discern between compelling products and technologies searching for a solution
- Are not afraid to speak up or make bold judgement calls
- Love to win as part of a team
- Operate with high integrity
- Can effectively represent Amplify externally
- CS or other technical degree, or professional experience in data science, ML/AI, or software engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Experience working at a startup to midsize company a plus, but not at all required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive cash compensation
- Potential for substantial equity upside via Carried Interest in Amplify funds
- Flexible vacation and family leave
- 401k with employer match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- An opportunity to work with decent human beings who are committed to winning, care about one another, and lack oversized VC egos
Apply Here: https://form.typeform.com/to/Ld2FIl9P
Amplify Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Amplify does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual preference, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Everyone is welcome here.
If interested, please apply here.