Amasia is a venture capital firm that helps technology companies get global. We primarily invest in US tech companies from the pre-Series A to Series B stage, although we have the flexibility to invest at a later stage and in other geographies. We typically lead or co-lead deals, take on a board-level role, and serve as trusted advisors to our founders.
Beyond strategic assistance, executive recruiting and other customary value addition, a key element of our differentiation is a global mindset and access to an international network. Our cross-border investment and operating experience, as well as access to leaders in business and government, helps our portfolio companies achieve international scale.
About the Role:
Amasia is looking to hire an associate in its Bay Area office. Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Source investment opportunities. This process will involve outbound emailing, attendance at demo days and conferences, detailed market research, and collaboration with professional network in the Bay Area and beyond. The associate will serve as the first filter for Amasia and should expect to meet hundreds of CEOs each year.
- Play a central role in the diligence of potential investments. Major components of this process include competitive research, financial modeling, interviews with company executives and industry experts, and creation of detailed investment memorandums.
- Add value to existing Amasia portfolio companies. At the associate level has historically consisted of activities like building operating models, defining early sales processes, and working collaboratively to improve defining and tracking of key metrics.
- Define Amasia’s public presence. This today includes a quarterly newsletter and hosting occasional events, and the firm continues to seek ways to improve its visibility and brand.
- Get things done. Amasia is a small firm and as such the associate should expect a variety of other responsibilities from time-to-time. This includes (as just a few examples) planning and execution of the firm annual meeting, management of internal dashboards and resources, and creation of firm fundraising materials.
- Professional experience in a relevant field (venture capital, startup operating experience, management consulting, investment banking, among others)
- A driven, self-starter mentality and ability to thrive in an environment with a high level of independence and responsibility.
- An intense curiosity around technology and its role in disrupting industries today
- A congenial and outgoing personality with a high level of professionalism, capable of representing Amasia positively across many points of exposure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and ideally direct experience in building financial models.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates should send a resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be “Amasia Associate – Your Full Name”.