Our mission at Agriculture Capital is to develop a regenerative food and agriculture system that produces better food at scale and delivers healthy returns to investors while making a difference in our communities. The Agriculture Capital approach starts with making investments in permanent cropland and synergistic midstream assets to create vertically integrated, sustainable farming enterprises that grow, pack, and market high-value produce. We bring a highly engaged owner-operator orientation to our investments and use our team’s proven expertise to deliver management and operational improvements that protect environmental health, support the human spirit, and create and sustain economic prosperity.
Agriculture Capital Has Grown Quickly Over The Last 4 Years By Focusing On a Unique Strategy Built Upon Four Key Pillars
- Investing in crops that have strong consumer and customer demand.
- Investing in crops at appropriate scale to capture operational efficiencies and meet the needs of today’s larger customers.
- Investing in mid-stream assets to enhance returns, reduce risk and exceed customer expectations
- Investing with a regenerative focus to reduce risk and improve the value of the assets and the communities in which we operate.
Our Vision – We envision a world where more people have access to food that is better and healthier for their families, while improving the land and the communities in which we operate.
Our Core Values – We believe in Excellence, Accountability, Transparency and Stewardship
We are looking to hire an Investment Associate for our San Francisco office who will work closely with our investment team in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment to provide support in researching, sourcing, analyzing and executing new investment opportunities, along with managing existing investments. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President, and work with and across all of AC’s investment products and projects. In this role, the Investment Associate will gather relevant data, build and support investment models, draft and present investment recommendation summaries and actively engage with the team during investment discussions. The ideal candidate will have strong financial modeling and written and verbal communication skills, will be a true team player with a commitment to success, and will be able to thrive in a very dynamic environment working across a diverse set of opportunities.
- Create and maintain complex financial models to support our investment process.
- Draft and present internal investment recommendation memoranda.
- Gather and monitor market information to build robust reference data sets.
- Work closely with operational teams to validate assumptions and quantify potential operational impacts.
- Facilitate due diligence and deal execution
- Maintain investment pipeline data and gather relevant information from industry sources.
- Support finance team on projects related fund reporting, existing investment performance, and strategic planning and analysis.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in agriculture/food
- 2-4 years of experience in financial modeling, preferably within investment banking, management consulting, agriculture, real estate, or private equity.
- Commitment to sustainability.
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization/interpretation skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Salesforce.com
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate the potential to be flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high growth setting
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and be aligned with our mission
- Competitive salary and great benefits — 401k, health, dental, vision, life and LTD
- Exciting world-changing opportunity – AC invests in sustainable strategies and products
- Driven, motivated, and talented co-workers who share a vision for growing access to healthy and better food.
If interested, please apply here.