The Associate, Investment for Action Potential Venture Capital (www.actionpotentialvc.com), will focus on deal sourcing, scientific/clinical diligence, technical diligence, and financial analysis.
With a portfolio of emerging bioelectronic medicine and neuromodulation investments, and an established founding-investment team, Action Potential VC is looking to build on their momentum with this new hire.
The responsibilities for this individual include some of the following:
- Proactively prospect investment opportunities in the bioelectronics medicines and technology-enabled healthcare fields; specifically, at the intersection of engineering and biology – neuromodulation therapies, advanced biosensors, rigorous clinical science, and AI/ML.
- Conduct initial screening meetings and independently evaluate all aspects of business plans including science/technology, clinical data, financial model and management.
- Perform in-depth due diligence on science, business model and management. Present investment evaluation to partnership.
- Participate in industry and scientific conferences, enhance professional network and represent Action Potential in a professional manner.
- Prepare due diligence reports and draft investment memos summarizing proposed investment thesis for new company investments.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of venture deal structures with ability to grasp economics of investment proposals.
- Develop competitive analyses, market analyses, and reimbursement analysis.
- Understand regulatory and clinical science and perform independent clinical data evaluation.
- Employ industry network to perform expert scientific/clinical evaluations.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS and MS in Biological Sciences from a top-tier academic institution
- 2-3 years of experience working in the life science/biopharma industry, or academic research setting
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in Biological Sciences from a top-tier academic institution
- MD or MBA from a top-tier academic institution
- An engineering degree or experience in the medical device industry
- 1-2 years of experience in performing pre-investment due diligence and evaluation of technologies and business plans is preferred
- Experience in a business/operations role within a biotechnology company or venture capital firm is desired
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If interested, please apply here.