Investment Associate – Chief of Staff
About ACME Capital
ACME is a venture capital firm investing in iconic founders disrupting massive markets. To date we have funded 17 unicorns in our 30 years of collective experience, working closely with some of the most game-changing companies of our time. We are actively investing our third fund in early-stage frontier technology and disruptive consumer companies.
Work directly with one of ACME’s Partners across all of the Partner’s professional activities. The role requires tightly coordinated daily interaction with the Partner and broader team, as both a thought and “do” partner. Success is measured in maximizing and optimizing the Partner’s time and focus across new investments, portfolio support, and Firm building. This 2-3 year position has considerable exposure to investing activities however this is not a precursor to an investment professional role at ACME.
- Live and breathe Partner’s communications
- Help own and optimize the Partner’s agenda
- Help review, monitor, and track new investment opportunities
- Collaborate with the Partner and broader investment team on diligence, preparation of financial models, analysis, and investment memos for target opportunities
- Prep Partner for, attend, and lead follow-up from meetings
- Help manage strategic initiatives with portfolio companies
- Collaborate with Head of IR on quarterly reports and portfolio performance reporting
- Work with Partner to build and maintain network
- Light scheduling and travel logistics in collaboration with administrative team
- Help coordinate content preparation for Firm brand initiatives
- Assist in special projects such as branding events, annual meeting, fundraising opportunities, and content writing
- Design and implement new internal processes and workflows to improve the operational efficiency of the Partner and broader team
- Have 3-5+ years of experience at a top firm in finance, product, consulting, or operations and have a demonstrated passion for technology
- Are exceptionally sharp – you embrace complex challenges and your EQ is as strong as your IQ
- Are an excellent communicator – you convey ideas and plans clearly, efficiently, and quickly and communicate confidently with key stakeholders.
- Have strong writing and publishing skills – you can provide writing samples from past
- Get things done – you are organized, driven by the creation and execution of processes. You know how to hustle while paying close attention to the details. You have tremendous energy and a positive attitude
- Pay attention – you listen, synthesize, organize and prioritize information from shorthand conversations
- Think ahead – you see around corners, anticipate outcomes and develop contingencies. You surface potential problems along with possible solutions
- Have hacked your way to where you are. You aren’t legacy – you are creating one
- Are a self-starter and creator – you operate autonomously and proactively, solving problems by leveraging creative solutions, seizing opportunities. You are naturally inventive and contribute fresh ideas
- Are relentlessly resourceful – you are able to see a project from idea stage through successful completion – and do what it takes to make it a success. You’re looking for an opportunity to take on enormous responsibility and grow in a highvelocity work environment
- Are curious and love to learn (in general and in particular about startups) – you are interested in learning new things, have an open mind and are a quick study. Like the rest of our team, you’re deeply passionate about technology, startups and company-building.
- Care about excellence – you are focused, professional and thoughtful in everything you do. While the big ideas matter, you also care deeply about the details and meticulous execution
- Are discrete – you have a deep appreciation for confidentiality and you are reflexively discrete
- Value personal networks – you understand the importance of trust and building strong networks of relationships. You respect the speed at which trust and relationships break down unless they are well-maintained. You don’t burn bridges
- Have a great sense of humor – you are witty, self-deprecating, and can take it as well as dish it out. You understand sarcasm (and actually enjoy it). You are current on your memes and know your way around a funny GIF or two :)
- Embody ACME through and through – you are respectful, friendly, upbeat, empathetic, punctual, and confident in your abilities without being boastful
- Are a servant leader – you have a “we” not “I” frame of mind and you thrive being part of a team, working together towards a common goal. You are comfortable working behind the scenes and don’t need to be in the spotlight to feel successful. You take pride in what you do and understand how your efforts and contributions (big and small), impact the organization and the team at large
How to apply:
Please fill out this form. We look forward to hearing from you!