Yamaha Motor Ventures & Laboratory Silicon Valley (YMVSV) is looking for a dynamic Venture Analyst to join our Accounting & Finance to support the newly established Yamaha Motor Exploratory Fund (YMEF). Reporting to the Treasurer, this position will be diving deep into the historical and market data to analyze venture investments and building valuation and financial performance tracking models.
- Evaluate market and venture financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Evaluate past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans, forecasts and industry trends.
- Recommended actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comparisons.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning and forecasting.
- 3-5 years of FP&A or financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics or any related fields, MBA a plus.
- High proficiency with financial modeling and techniques.
- Fluency with MS Excel.
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities by exercising keen judgement.
Relocation not available for this position.
About: Located in Palo Alto, California, Yamaha Motor Ventures & Laboratory Silicon Valley (“YMVSV”) is the corporate venturing and strategic business development arm of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd (“YMC”), a global manufacturer of motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, industrial robots, unmanned helicopters, and other motorized products. At YMVSV we are focused on the future of urban transportation and personal mobility, agricultural robotics, industrial automation, aviation, medicine, and more.
If interested, please apply here.